I thoroughly enjoy my role and working at Appleby. I would not want for a better place of employment or colleagues. I feel valued and that I make a difference and that is very important to me.
Our Business Leaders have confirmed their unequivocal commitment to our DIB vision. Our DIB Committee, comprising senior leaders from across the Appleby Group, sets the focus for our strategic work on DIB and monitors progress against those change initiatives.
Our priorities for change are identified through self-assessment against the Global Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Benchmarks – published standards of excellence in organisational diversity, equity and inclusion. This ensures that our journey of improvement is aligned to objective and globally esteemed standards.
Openness is a key principle in our approach and will be critical to our success. We know we must be open and honest about the areas in which we need to do more and be better, but also open to the changes we may need to make in order to improve. Our programme of change focused on diversity, inclusion and belonging is called Open at Appleby and is based on six key principles:
- We will identify and address barriers to fair and equitable recruitment and advancement so that Appleby is truly open to all.
- We will be honest and frank when assessing the areas in which we know we need to do more and be better.
- We will be clear when communicating our goals and priorities for change, and transparent when monitoring and accounting for our progress.
- We will be receptive to feedback from colleagues and stakeholders in order to ensure that change is meaningful for our colleagues, and that improvement is continuous.
- We will work to build strong relationships of trust and support at all levels so that our colleagues feel able to share their authentic selves with colleagues, leaders and clients.
- We will learn, improve and then lead; openly sharing our journey in order to manifest real and lasting change in our sector.
Global Diversity and Inclusion Benchmarks: Standards for Organizations Around the World © 2021 Yvonne (Nene) Kegomoditswe Molefi, Julia O’Mara, and Alan Richter, PhD. Used with permission. All Rights Reserved.
OPEN ABOUt OUR ACTION on DIB
Established Appleby core values of Integrity, Collegiality and Excellence
Launched our first colleague inclusion and engagement survey
Developed bespoke Equality and Diversity training with 100% colleague completion
Completed our second colleague inclusion and engagement survey
Established our DIB Committee comprising senior leaders across the Appleby Group
Introduced accessibility support to our websites in line with WCAG Level A accreditation
Launched bespoke Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging training to all colleagues
It is a genuinely happy, collegiate environment where everyone works together well. The Partners are open, approachable and good fun to work with.
OPEN ABOUt OUR DIVERSITY DATA
Appleby Group diversity data at 1 January 2023
Representation of Gender*
|All colleagues1||Women:Men 63 | 37|
|Fee earning team2||Women:Men 57 | 43|
|Management team3||Women:Men 49 | 51|
|Leadership team4||Women:Men 28 | 72|
Representation of Age Groups
Representation of Ethnicity
*Categorisation is based on role seniority as defined in our Career Development Frameworks: 1. All colleagues: Includes all colleagues employed by the Appleby Group. 2. Fee earning team: Includes all fee earning professionals and lawyers. 3. Management team: Includes all colleagues in Senior Associate / Manager roles and above. 4. Leadership team: Includes all colleagues in Partner / Managing Director / Business Services Director roles and above.
The firm have been absolutely fantastic to me. I am blessed and overwhelmed by the flexibility given to me by Appleby.
Quotations taken from colleague responses to previous engagement and inclusion surveys
T +44 (0) 1624 647 630
E Email Gemma