Appleby’s strength and success depends on our commitment to recruit and develop people from the communities in which we operate. Our culture is enabling, supportive and meritocratic. Our relationships are based on fairness, dignity and respect.
Who are we?
As one of the world’s largest providers of offshore legal services, a career at Appleby offers you the opportunity to work with some of the most highly respected practitioners in the offshore world.
Why Join us?
Whether you are looking to join our legal, or business services teams, we are interested in people with the drive and ability to flourish in a highly professional and friendly environment.
We are currently seeking to hire a Senior Corporate Administrator for our Insurance Team. We are a new company and growing fast, so we are looking for individuals who can grow with us. We provide corporate administration and board support services to local and multinational companies, and high net worth clientele through our subsidiary Appleby Global Corporate Services (Bermuda) Ltd. Principle duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Act as Company Secretary providing superior corporate administration and board support services to entities in the Insurance Sector.
- Liaise with clients and arrange/attend board meetings, providing support with statutory and regulatory compliance, as well as governance and best practice.
- Responsible for all communications with the Registrar of Companies and Bermuda Monetary Authority, and all required annual and other filings.
- Act as the Relationship Manager in respect of service delivery, ensuring service excellence at all times.
- Maintain corporate records according to statutory and regulatory requirements set out in the Companies Act 1981, the Insurance Act 1978, and all other relevant laws and regulations.
- Build internal and external networks to promote our service offering and raise our company profile.
- Act as a technical mentor for junior members of staff, developing knowledge and practical capabilities, and proactively promoting the development of the team.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Certifications in Corporate Secretarial Practice I and II, or a relevant certificate from the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (preferred).
- 7+ years of professional experience as a company secretary, 3 of which must be in handling insurance related entities
- Must have a good working knowledge of the Bermuda Companies Act 1981, and the Insurance Act 1978.
- Must be familiar with Bermuda AML/ATF legislation and relevant obligations.
- Must be highly organized, with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Viewpoint administration software would be an asset.
- Must have excellent inter-personal skills to promote a team environment
- Must have proven client relationship and portfolio management experience, including relevant Board experience, and the taking and drafting of detailed minutes
- Must have experience running board meetings at a senior level (not just assisting).
- Must have excellent time management and decision making skills to meet tight deadlines with minimal supervision.